Saturday, May 12, 2007

In-Cart Hands-Free Message Arrow Device

I must say it’s been very quiet at the castle these last few days. There isn’t a lot to report but the Prince has been almost pleasant so something dastardly must be on the horizon!

I have received further confirmation from my sources that the “The Artists and The Carts” posting appears to be basically true. Now that we have a crack in the formidable wall of red tape previously erected by the Kingdom’s Keeper of the Carts & Carriages let’s hope it widens somewhat and leads to improvements in all the wheeled machines across the Kingdom.

What say you to that dear King? If you do decree it so... then please…not just for the nobles again…think of your serfs and peasants I beg you. Perhaps an in-cart mandolin, oak wheels and real horsehair seats covers are small additions to you…but to us it would be sheer luxury!

I sometimes think that a in-cart hands-free message arrow device (ICHFMAD) would be nice….but…. even if I have a ICHFMAD fitted the King’s regulations say I can only use it when I am not in motion? But, if I am not in motion then I do not need a ICHFMAD…… as I can perfectly well draw the bow myself?

Is this not a puzzle indeed because logically one must ask the question… why does anyone need an ICHFMAD if they cannot use it without fear of the stocks? Surely there are considerable savings to be made across the Kingdom by not buying any more and thereby reducing all the MAD enabled freemen and nobles.

But I am not a Chancellor, I am only a lowly serf. So what do I know?

No comments: